This Slow Cooker Hot Honey Peach Glazed Ham is the perfect ham for Spring!
Peach preserves, honey, brown sugar and chili flakes give this Slow Cooker Hot Honey Peach Glazed a sweet glaze with a little kick. Making it in the slow cooker frees up the oven.
There is nothing I love more during the holidays than a perfectly glazed ham! This Slow Cooker Hot Honey Peach Glazed Ham is sure to impress all your guests with a perfectly sweet and sticky glaze made with sweet peach preserves and red pepper for a little kick. The honey and red pepper flake make the hot honey flavor which balances perfectly with the sweet. From the amazing flavor to the shiny glaze this ham will be the star of any holiday table.
This is also an easy ham to make, the slow cooker does most of the work for you. You just pour a simple glaze over it while it cooks and right before serving you pour the rest of that sticky glaze all over the ham and broil for a minute which gives it that irresistible shiny, glazy look.
This Slow Cooker Hot Honey Peach Glazed Ham is such a show stopper there will be no need to serve turkey or anything else. Forget about the fried chicken or anything else you were planning on making because this is all anyone will want on the Easter dinner table year after year.
Of course, how could I share this recipe without talking about how delicious it is! The flavors in this ham are amazing. Peach preserves, honey, brown sugar and red pepper flake all come together to create an exceptionally flavored ham. Did I mention that your house will smell heavenly while this is cooking? You will want to make it just for the smell alone lol!
This ham is tender and always cooks perfectly. It is fabulous the day of cooking but of course the leftovers make amazing sandwiches and then don’t forget to save that ham bone to make the most incredible bean soup later on. I love using leftover ham to make these Ham and Swiss Croissants.
I can’t wait for the holidays so I can make this ham and can’t wait for you to try it, I know it will soon become a Easter tradition in your family too, it is just too perfect for the holiday season.
Can I make this in the oven?
Of course!! You just follow the steps but instead of putting it in the slow cooker just put it in your oven. Then just let it cook in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes per pound. Then remove it and glaze it with the glaze before serving.
Can I use another preserve instead?
Sure you can! You can substitute pineapple preserves, orange preserves or even apricot preserves and it will still be so delicious.
Can I use a boneless ham?
Yes, you can certainly use a boneless ham for this. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time for the size boneless ham you purchase.
Can I make this ahead of time?
You can make this ahead of time. I love making a ham ahead of time because it tastes just as good cold as it does warm. You can fully cook ham a day ahead of time and then just glaze it before serving.
What I used to make this ham
- Spiral sliced bone in ham- I like using a bone in ham for this recipe and I actually really like the Walmart brand spiral ham.
- Honey- You need this for the sweetness and to make the hot honey flavor.
- Peach preserves- This is what makes that glaze so shiny and everything so sweet.
- Brown sugar- This helps thicken the glaze and sweetness.
- Red pepper flakes- This is what provides the hot in the hot honey, you can adjust the heat level up or down depending on your family.
- Vinegar- Just a little of this is used to counterbalance all the sweetness.
How to make this Slow Cooker Hot Honey Peach Glazed Ham
- Full recipe below
- Over medium heat whisk together the honey, peach preserves, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and vinegar, simmer and remove from heat.
- Place the ham into the slow cooker and cover with roughly half of the glaze mixture.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the ham from the slow cooker onto a tray.
- Pour over the rest of the glaze.
- If you like you can place the ham onto a lined baking sheet and pop under
the broiler for a few minutes to caramelize the glaze.
Want more delicious ham recipes? Check these out!
- Cola Cranberry Glazed Ham
- Pineapple Baked Ham
- Apricot Glazed Ham
1. In a saucepan over medium heat whisk together the honey, peach 3. Place the ham into the slow cooker and cover with roughly half of the glaze mixture. ● This works great with a boneless ham too, just adjust your cooking time in
preserves, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and vinegar.
2. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
4. Cover and cook in the slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
5. Remove the ham from the slow cooker onto a tray.
6. Reheat the glaze on low and pour over the rest of the glaze.
7. If you like you can place the ham onto a lined baking sheet and pop under
the broiler for a few minutes to caramelize the glaze, but that step is optional.
the slow cooker.
● You can easily adjust the heat level for your family by reducing or increasing the amount of red pepper flakes.
● You can serve the ham just as it is out of the slow cooker but I like to pop it under the broiler for about 5 minutes for some color.
● You will need to reheat the glaze before glazing the ham when it is done
1. In a saucepan over medium heat whisk together the honey, peach
3. Place the ham into the slow cooker and cover with roughly half of the glaze mixture.
● This works great with a boneless ham too, just adjust your cooking time in