This is a sponsored post for National Canned Food Month. All opinions are 100% mine.
Hey y’all!! I am here today to tell you all about Cans Get You Cooking and National Canned Food Month (and share some yummy recipes with you!) So we all already probably have a pretty good supply of canned food in our pantry.
And why wouldn’t we? Canned foods are an amazing help in creating quick meals and in helping with always having basic ingredients on hand to help make any meal.
I love having canned foods on hand because not only do they make meal prep and planning easier but fruits and veggies are harvested and canned within hours thus locking in all their yummy goodness and nutrition.
That is why I am so excited to share National Canned Food Month with you!
Cans Get You Cooking has a 30-minute special that you can catch on the Cooking Channel during the month of February for National Canned Food Month. This special features Kelsey Nixon as she takes you down the canned food aisle and into her kitchen where she will be sharing some canned food facts, and creating yummy recipes inspired by the canned foods in her Cantry.
You can catch it:
- February 08, 2015 10:00 AM EST
- February 14, 2015 10:00 AM EST
- February 15, 2015 10:00 AM EST
- February 22, 2015 10:00 AM EST
- February 28, 2015 10:00AM EST
I know I will be watching!!
Speaking of Cantry, I wanna talk a little bit about Cantry Thursdays. So we figure by around Thursdays your produce has probably seen it’s last days and ideas might be running low which makes Cantry Thursdays a perfect way to figure out dinner that night. By keeping a well stocked Cantry you will always have plenty of yummy ingredients to make a spectacular meal for your family.
I know I promised you a recipe and I will be getting to that in just a minute but I wanted to share a great contest with you! In honor of National Canned Food Month, Kelsey Nixon will be judging Cans Get You Cooking’s Cantry Cook-Off Recipe Contest! You just create a yummy unique recipe using at least two canned food items and then just submit the recipe, along with a photo of your gorgeous dish for your chance to win $5,000! Just be sure to enter before March 31, 2015! Enter HERE
Now here is that yummy recipe I promised you!
Enchilada Dip, made with my favorite canned Old El Paso products. I always keep their refried beans, enchilada sauce and green chiles on hand because I use them in so many different recipes. I love whipping up this dip in minutes thanks to my Cantry and is it devoured in minutes every time.
So open up your Cantry and make this delicious dip today!
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned
- 1 large can Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can Old El Paso Refried Black Beans
- 1 small can Old El Paso Green Chiles
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Brown the ground beef and add in the enchilada sauce.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the green chiles and spread down the bottom of an 8x8 pyrex dish.
- Spoon a little of the enchilada beef mixture on top of the cream cheese.
- Then spread the whole can of refried beans on top of that.
- Then comes the rest of the beef mixture.
- Now the cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 400 until bubbly and melty.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Check back here all year where I will be bringing you more awesome canned food facts and recipes!