Sand Bucket Dessert
These Sand Bucket Desserts are always a hit for summer!
These Sand Bucket Desserts are the perfect summer dessert! Layers of white cake with blue sprinkles, blue colored cheesecake pudding and a topping of crushed cookies for sand. These are then decorated like a little beach scene and are so adorable! Served in tiny buckets these will be a hit!
There is nothing I love more an easy summer dessert that the kids will love and these little buckets. I love that I can make them ahead of time and just keep them in the fridge anytime the kids start asking for a snack.
These come together so quickly and are super customizable. You can use your favorite cake, favorite flavor pudding, and decorate them however you like. The kids really love to help with these. You get an activity for the kids and a delicious dessert, what more could you ask for on those crazy summer days.
These adorable buckets layer lemony white funfetti cake with cheesecake pudding dyed to look like water. Then you top it with crushed up cookies to resemble the sand. You just decorate it with teddy grahams and little beach towels and an umbrella to top it all off.
Next time you want a quick family-friendly dessert that everyone will love just whip up a batch of these and everyone will be happy!
I promise these Sand Bucket Desserts will be your favorite dessert all summer long.
You will want to make this dessert again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Perfect for summer.
- Kid favorite.
- Delicious dessert.
I used these little buckets and they were perfect! Get them here —> Buckets
Can I use any cake?
Yes, you can make the cake like in the recipe, or you can save time and use a store-bought cake or pound cake.
Can I serve this in something else besides buckets?
Of course! I also like to use the clear disposable 9 ounce cups. They are perfect for seeing all the layers. I used these little buckets and they were perfect! Get them here —> Buckets
Can I use any pudding?
Yes you can use any flavor, I suggest using the cheesecake flavor or vanilla because they dye the best but you can use lemon too.
● White cake mix- Use your favorite brand. I use white because it helps the color of the sprinkles pop!
● Water, oil and eggs the box calls for- Use what your box directions calls for.
● Lemon- The juice of one lemon helps gives this cake a pop of flavor.
● Blue sprinkles- I like to add these to the cake for a funfetti effect.
● Cheesecake instant pudding- Feel free to use your favorite flavor but I love the cheesecake flavor and the white color helps the blue dye really shine.
● Cold milk- You will need this to make the pudding.
● Blue food coloring- To dye the pudding to mimic water.
● Crushed vanilla wafers- You could also use graham crackers, you just want to make it look like sand.
● Teddy grahams- You can use any flavor teddy grahams or even sour patch kids.
● Rainbow stripe candy- I used air heads stripe candy but you can also use fruit roll ups.
● Paper umbrellas- Just like the ones you use in drinks.
● 10 (8 ounce) clear buckets- I get these little slime buckets from Amazon.
How to make these Beach Dessert Buckets
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- Combine the cake mix and the water, oil and eggs the box calls for.
- Add the juice of one lemon to the cake mix.
- Add the sprinkles to the cake mix.
- Pour the cake batter into a prepared 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Slice into bite-size squares.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pudding.
- Combine the cheesecake with the milk and whisk.
- Add in the blue food coloring until you get your desired shade of blue.
- Into your buckets divide the cake squares into each of the 10 buckets.
- Next top each one with the blue pudding.
- Top each one evenly with the vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Decorate the top of each one with an umbrella, 2 teddy graham and a little beach blanket cut out of the rainbow stripe candy.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
Want more Summer desserts? Check these out!
Sand Bucket Dessert
These Sand Bucket Desserts are the perfect summer dessert! Layers of white cake with blue sprinkles, blue colored cheesecake pudding and a topping of crushed cookies for sand. These are then decorated like a little beach scene and are so
- ● 1 (15.25 ounce) box white cake
- ● Water, oil and eggs the box calls for
- ● Lemon
- ● 1 ½ tablespoons blue sprinkles
- ● 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes cheesecake instant pudding
- ● 4 cups cold milk
- ● Blue food coloring
- ● 1 ½ cups crushed vanilla wafers
- ● Teddy grahams
- ● Rainbow stripe candy
- ● Paper umbrellas
- ● 10 (8 ounce) clear buckets
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine the cake mix and the water, oil and eggs the box calls for.
3. Add the juice of one lemon to the cake mix.
4. Add the sprinkles to the cake mix.
5. Pour the cake batter into a prepared 9x13 baking dish.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Slice into bite size squares.
8. Set aside to cool.
9. Meanwhile prepare the pudding.
10. Combine the cheesecake with the milk and whisk.
11. Add in the blue food coloring until you get your desired shade of blue.
12. Into your buckets divide the cake squares into each of the 10 buckets.
13. Next top each one with the blue pudding.
14. Top each one evenly with the vanilla wafer crumbs.
15. Decorate the top of each one with an umbrella, 2
teddy graham and a little beach blanket cut out of the rainbow stripe candy.
16. Refrigerate for an hour.
● Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
● You can use fruit roll ups for the beach blankets.
● You can use vanilla pudding if you like.
● You can leave out the lemon juice in the cake and just have a white cake and it will be just as delicious!