This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® and Johnsonville®.
The opinions and texts are all mine.
Hey y’all! It is fall my all-time favorite season! Everything about fall is just perfect. The evenings are filled with crisp, brisk air, and you start to pull out the quilts and scarves. When the weather starts to get chilly, your body just starts to crave warm, comforting (and most times cheesy) dishes.
I love to stock up on Barilla Blue Box pasta when I am shopping at Kroger. Pasta is always such an inexpensive meal, and with Kroger’s already low prices I fill my pantry.
Barilla Blue Box pasta is my family’s favorite because it is Italy’s #1 brand of pasta and it makes dinner, quick and easy, and their pasta can be used in so many dishes, from lasagna to chili to soup!
My family are carnivores so they have to have meat in their pasta and their favorite is Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage. My sister could live off of it. Again I pick this right up at Kroger and keep it on hand to make all sorts of delicious meals. I love how flavorful the sausage is with all the spices and flavors built right in making dinner a snap. This delicious protein packed sausage can be used in so many ways, from pasta, to soup to a great swap in recipes calling for ground beef (try it in your meatloaf, to die for!)
Now I already said I love using pasta because it is inexpensive so I pull it out when I want to make a dinner without spending a ton. My Sausage and Peppers Stuffed Shells are just the ticket!
Barilla pasta and sauce mixed with that fabulous Johnsonville Italian Sausage with a few peppers and onion and mozzarella cheese to create a dish that is out of this world in flavor, hearty, comforting and easy on the wallet and can be made for right around $10 (even less if you hit some sales)
Simple ingredients work together to create this amazing meal that is a cinch to put together.
You just boil your noodles while browning the sausage with the peppers and onions.
Then you mix the sausage mixture with some cubed mozzarella and stuff the shells.
A little sauce and more cheese top off the shells before a quick trip to the oven. Delicious!!
Sausage and Peppers Stuffed Shells
- 1 box Barilla Large Shells Pasta - for stuffing
- 1 jar your favorite Barilla Pasta Sauce
- 1 pound ground Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peppers and onions
- 1 block fresh mozzarella cubed
- Boil the pasta in salted water and drain and cool
- Meanwhile brown sausage with the peppers and onions, remove from heat
- Mix the cubed mozzarella with the sausage mixture. (reserve a little cheese for
- Spoon a little sauce down at the bottom of a baking dish
- Start filling the shells with the sausage mixture and place into dish
- Top with more sauce and cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This is a real crowd pleaser in my house and a staple for these colder months.
So next time you are at Kroger be sure to stock up on Barilla Blue Box Pasta and Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage and you will never be more than a few minutes away from a flavorful, delicious meal that the whole family will love!