This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#BigelowVIP #AmericasTea #CollectiveBias
Hey yall!! I am back with another fabulous recipe you can make with Bigelow Tea!
We just wrapped up Thanksgiving and now it is on to Christmas. Christmas is my favorite holiday! Every Christmas Eve I make a big platter of assorted dessert treats for after our holiday meal. That platter is so full of yummies it lasts well into Christmas Day while we open our presents.
I usually stick with some cookies and candies and of course fudge but I try to add something different every year.
Inspired by Bigelow’s seasonal Peppermint Bark Tea I decided to make Peppermint Bark Tea Cakes!
I love making these cakes because they are so simple and you can flavor them a 1000 ways. They are adorable, festive and delicious! Oh and I forgot to mention, they are a snap to make!
You just start with your favorite flavor cake mix. I steep a little of the tea in the water that goes into the cake mix. You then make the batter in muffin tins. I also steep the tea into the glaze that makes these little cakes absolutely irresistible. The glaze hardens and keeps the cakes moist. I crushed a little peppermint to dress these cakes up and they were too pretty! And tasty lol!
The Bigelow Peppermint Bark is my favorite flavor when the weather chills and the Christmas music starts playing. I love to sip on a steamy mug while decorating our tree, wrapping gifts and especially while baking! That is where I got the idea to add it to these cake bites and it just makes them so flavorful.
Bigelow Tea also has an Eggnog Tea and a Salted Caramel Tea and I think they would also make delicious cakes, so you can switch up the flavors or make all three!
They look stunning on a holiday dessert table but also make a great gift or the perfect little sweet bite to take to a party.
Look how cute they are?
So when you are at Walmart shopping for those Christmas gifts, swing by the tea aisle and make sure to stock up on these great seasonal flavors. They are the perfect thing to warm up these chilly days and they make yummy cakes!!
Glazed Peppermint Bark Tea Cakes
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- Water vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 Bigelow Peppermint Bark Tea Bags
- 1 bag 2 lb powdered sugar (8 cups)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot water
- Crushed peppermints
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Steep a tea bag in the water your cake mix calls for.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about half full).
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove cakes from muffin cups to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Place cooling rack on cookie sheet or waxed paper to catch glaze drips.
- Steep another tea bag in 1/2 cup water for glaze.
- In 3-quart saucepan, mix that 1/2 cup steeped tea, corn syrup and powdered sugar.
- Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 teaspoons hot water. If necessary, stir in up to 1 teaspoon more water so glaze will just coat cakes.
- Dip a cake into glaze and remove gently with a fork down on cooling rack. Top with crushed peppermints.
- Repeat till all cakes are coated. Let stand until glaze is set, about 15 minutes.
- Store loosely covered.
Which seasonal flavor are you excited to try?