This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for summer!
This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is a delicious summer salad. Everyone loves pasta salad and this is a spin on two classic favorites. Seasoned chicken mixes with pasta, tomatoes, romaine, spinach, parmesan cheese, croutons and creamy caesar salad dressing. This is perfect for a summer side dish or a main dish on those scorching days when you just want something cool.
There is nothing I love more an easy summer side dish that I can just throw together quickly that gets better as it is sits.
I love that this pasta salad comes together in minutes and it just packed full of flavor and delicious ingredients. Whenever I find a new summer side dish that can be made ahead I love it!
Summer is full of cookouts and bbqs and pool parties and this sub pasta salad is always a hit. A change up from the classic pasta salad that you are used to.
This pasta salad is full of flavor and a true make ahead dish. The longer this sits the better and better it gets. This can definitely be made the day before, I would just leave out the spinach and lettuce until right before serving so that it does not get soggy.
I love that you can customize this to your taste and likes. You can switch out the chicken, switch up the veggies, make it spicy, you can totally make this recipe your own.
This pasta salad makes a ton and can easily be doubled if you are serving a crowd. It is perfect for all those summer parties and everyone will be asking you for the recipe.
This also makes a fabulous lunch or dinner for those days that are so hot and you just want a light and refreshing meal.
Next time you want a spectacular side dish that will wow everyone try this pasta salad! It is sure to impress.
I promise everyone will love this Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad.
You will want to make this pasta salad again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Family friendly.
- Make ahead dish.
- Full of flavor.
- Totally customizable.
Can I use any protein?
Yes, you could use any meat you like. I love using chicken but you can also use crispy chicken tenders, steak or shrimp. All of these would be fabulous with this pasta salad.
Can I switch up the lettuce?
Of course!! I like to use romaine because it stays more crisp than iceberg. Kale is also another great option.
Can I change the pasta shape?
Definitely. I would just go with a short pasta cut.
Can I make this more spicy?
You can add red pepper flakes or jalapenos.
- Chicken tenderloins – You can also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut up.
- Garlic powder – For seasoning the chicken.
- Pepper – To season the chicken.
- Paprika – For color and seasoning on the chicken.
- Rotini – I like to use rotini pasta but you could also use
- Cherry tomatoes – You can use any tomatoes or leave them if you like.
- Romaine lettuce – Rinsed and chopped but don’t add until right before serving.
- Baby spinach – You can use regular spinach too just remove the stems.
- Parmesan cheese – You can use shredded or grated.
- Croutons – These should also be added right before serving.
- Caesar salad dressing – Use a good quality brand.
How to make Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, garlic powder, pepper and paprika, toss to coat.
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, heat the chicken until browned and cooked through.
- Boil and drain your pasta.
- To a large bowl add the pasta, chicken, tomatoes, romaine, spinach, parmesan cheese, and croutons.
- Toss to combine.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until chilled.
Want more Summer Side Dishes? Check these out!