This sin dip is going to be your new favorite got to appetizer!
This Mississippi Sin Dip is my new favorite dip! Cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, scallions, cheese and seasonings all come together to create a delicious dip that bakes in a bread bowl and looks amazing!! This is the perfect dip for entertaining.
There is nothing I love more than a fabulous, cheesy appetizer and this dip is perfect. Lots of melty cheese bakes right in a bread bowl.
I love that this dip comes together so quick, just mix everything together in one bowl and then stuff it into a hollowed-out loaf of french bread and bake until its perfectly melty.
This dip is always the first thing to go on the party table. Everyone loves it!! Bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and cheddar cheese all got together to create this melty dip perfection.
Dips served in a bread bowl are always popular and always impressive and this one is no exception. It is also so easy! You will be the hit of the parties with this dip and no one will know it was so easy!
I love that you can customize this dip by changing the cheese, adding some spice or your favorite seasonings, you can totally make this recipe your own.
This dip feeds a lot but you might want to make two because I promise you there will be nothing left but crumbs!
So the next time you are having a get together, potluck or going to a party this is the dip to make!
I promise your whole family will love this Mississippi Sin Dip.
You will want to make this dip again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Crowd pleaser.
- Full of flavor.
- Perfect for parties
Can I use any bacon?
Yes, you can use regular bacon, microwave bacon, precooked bacon or even turkey bacon. They will all be delicious in this recipe.
What should I serve this with?
I always serve this with the bread that we scooped out of the loaf and crackers. This is also delicious with chips, Hawaiian rolls and of course veggies.
Can I make this spicy?
You can add red pepper flakes, jalapenos, green chilies or sriracha to give this a kick.
● Cream cheese- softened
● Sour cream- gives base to this dip
● Cheddar cheese- shredded, but you can use any kind you like!
● Bacon, cooked and crumbled- the best part! You can save time and use microwave bacon.
● Hot sauce- For a little flavor
● Garlic- Minced, you can use fresh or jarred
● Worcheshire sauce- for flavor
● Onion powder- for flavor. You could also use a little grated onion.
● Pepper- for a little flavor.
● Scallions- these add a lot of flavor!
● Loaf of french bread- you can use french bread, italian bread or a large bread bowl.
How to make this dip
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, garlic, worcheshire sauce, onion powder and pepper.
- Once well mixed stir in the cheddar, bacon and scallions.
- Take your french bread and hollow out the middle, save the bread for dipping.
- Fill the loaf with the dip mixture.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crackers and the remaining bread.
Want more Dip Recipes? Check these out!
- Hoagie Dip
- Cranberry Pepper Jelly Dip
- Chili Cheese Fry Dip
- Cheesy Swiss and Bacon Dip
- French Onion Dip
- ● 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ● 16 ounces sour cream
- ● 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ● 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ● 1 Tablespoon hot sauce
- ● 1 clove garlic, minced
- ● 1 teaspoon worcheshire sauce
- ● ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ● ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ● ½ cup chopped scallions
- ● Loaf of french bread.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, hot
sauce, garlic, worsheshire sauce, onion powder and pepper.
3. Once well mixed stir in the cheddar, bacon and scallions.
4. Take your french bread and hollow out the middle, save the bread
5. Fill the loaf with the dip mixture.
6. Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Serve with crackers and the remaining bread.
● Store leftovers in an airight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
● You can add jalapenos to this for a spicy kick.
● Use your favorite cheese, pepperjack would be wonderful.
● Serve this with fresh veggies too!
● Garnish the top with more cheddar, scallions and bacon if you like.