Meatball Sub Bubble Up Bake is everyone’s favorite recipe because it is easy, a real crowd pleaser and only 4 ingredients!
Meatball Sub Bubble Up Bake is my best friend. I seriously do not know how I would make it through some weeks without it.
It is my favorite go to meal. This best friend isn’t fancy, isn’t hard and is always there when I need it.
This is just 4 simple ingredients that go together to make a quick meal that everyone will eat. I will say this meal is most popular with men and kids. It’s got meatballs, biscuits, sauce and cheese, what more could a picky eater ask for?
I find this dinner is one my kids love because there is nothing else but simple ingredients in there, no kale hiding in the sauce, no quinoa in the meatballs.
Meatball Sub Bubble Up Bake is that one dinner everyone needs in their arsenal, the no fuss, no frills dinner that requires no thinking ahead and thawing meat for dinner, the dinner that requires no quick stop in to the store to grab ingredients (you can keep these all on hand).
Again this recipe isn’t trying to impress anyone, this dish is perfectly okay with what it is, a simple, easy, delicious recipe that is basic enough anyone can make it and everyone will love it.
It is so easy you can even get your teenager to make it while you are on your way home. It is so easy my 8 year old could make it blindfolded.
Nothing gets more comforting and more easy than this Meatball Sub Bubble Up Bake. Just four ingredients and few minutes and you are ready to pop this dish of comfort in the oven.
This dinner is satisfying, warm, comforting and most importantly quick, easy and a crowd pleaser. Plus it requires no planning ahead, you just pull some meatballs out of the freezer and crack open a can of biscuits.
Meatball Sub Bubble Up Bake
- So first you just pop open a can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits (or generic, whatever is on sale) and cut each one into 8ths.
- Then just stir all the biscuits around with a cup and a half to 2 cups of sauce. You can mix the sauce and biscuits in a bowl or right in the pan, the pan method saves on dishes lol.
- Then you just top the biscuits with the meatballs, as many as you like.
- Sprinkle the whole thing with shredded mozzarella and pop into a 375 oven loosely covered with foil for about 40 minutes. Then 10 minutes uncovered.
- Voila, dinner is served and it could not be any simpler or tastier!
What kind of meatballs are best for this dish?
The best kind is whatever your favorite kind is. If you like to make them from scratch go ahead and use those. I use frozen because this is my favorite I don’t have to think ahead dinner so those work for me. You can use chicken or turkey meatballs as well!
How can I jazz this up some?
If you don’t have picky eaters like me there are a few ways you can jazz this up, add some crushed red pepper and parm over the top for flavor. You can use provolone instead of mozzarella. You can also add some mushrooms or peppers to give it a punch of flavor.
Love this recipe? Check these out!!
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- 1 bag frozen meatballs
- 1 1/2 cup to 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Cut the uncooked biscuits into 8ths.
- Add the biscuits to the sauce, start with 1 1/2 cups, add more if you think it needs a little extra.
- Place into greased 9x13 dish.
- Place the meatballs on top of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake at 375 lightly covered with foil for about 40 minutes. Then 10 minutes uncovered or until biscuits are cooked through.
- Serve to your hungry family!