It is that time of the week again!! Where I bring you a delicious grilled recipe from our grilling series.
This week I am sharing a great recipe for Grilled Sweet Tea Chicken. Summer just isn’t summer without a big mason glass full of sweet iced tea! So why not infuse some of that summer deliciousness into your dinner?
Juicy and tender chicken thighs are soaked in a marinade of iced tea, lemon, brown sugar and garlic to create an amazing combination of flavor right off the grill.
Grilling and tea are two important elements of summer so putting them together is just a natural and the result is phenomenal. The marinade makes the thighs so tender and flavorful with just enough sweet to get those yummy caramelized bits everyone loves.
All you do is steep 2 tea bags (I prefer Bigelow) in 4 cups of hot water. Then add 1/2 cup of brown sugar, the juice of one lemon and 2 cloves of garlic crushed, some salt and pepper finish it off. Let the marinade cool and pour it over the chicken thighs and let that just hang out and get all yummy for anywhere from 4 hours to overnight.
Then when you are ready just throw them on the grill and let em cook about 5-7 minutes each side.
Serve them up with lemon wedges for squeezing and of course a frosty glass of sweet tea and you have a meal that just screams lazy summer day. Lazy indeed because this meal requires minimal effort and produces amazing results.
So next time you are looking for something a little different to throw on the grill try this super tasty Grilled Sweet Tea Chicken and you will have smiles all around and clean plates!
Grilled Sweet Tea Chicken
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups water
- 2 tea bags
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- In a medium saucepan bring the 4 cups of water to a boil. Add in the two tea bags and turn heat off. Let tea steep for 15-20 minutes. Add in the brown sugar, juice of one lemon, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring to make sure the sugar dissolves.
- Let the marinade cool to room temperature and pour over chicken thighs and let marinate in fridge for 4 hours to over night.
- When ready remove thighs from marinade and place on hot grill, cooking for 5-7 minutes per side.
- Slice the remaining lemon into wedges and serve along chicken for squeezing.
Don’t forget to head on over to Dana’s for even more grilling goodness and check out her Garlic Parmesan Grilled Potato Wedges! Yum!
Want even more glorious grilling goodies? Check out the rest of the series here —->
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!