Hey y’all! I am so excited for Christmas! Eeek!! Today as part of the Christmas Treat Series I have the easiest best holiday treat!
Every Christmas Eve I make a big platter of assorted little sweets and I love finding new desserts to add in with all the traditional fudges and cookies.
These Glazed Holiday Cake Bites are adorable, festive and delicious. The best part is you probably have all the ingredients on hand.
I love making these because the color and the sprinkles just look so great as part of our holiday. They just shout at your guests to come grab one and pop it in their mouth.
The glaze is sweet and seals the cakes keeping them fresh and moist which is good for making them ahead of time! The glaze also sets up fairly quickly so you have to be sure to sprinkle each one as go.
The little cakes are made right in your mini muffin tin and with your favorite cake mix. Now I used a white cake mix so the white glaze would pop but feel free to use whatever flavor you like or add a little extract to the mix.
They were so gorgeous to photograph so I went a bit more overboard than usual lol.
Please please please give these perfect little bites a try, I promise you will be hooked!
Look how cute!!!
Now here is the recipe so you can make these sweet little bites for your next holiday gathering!
- Cake Bites
- 1 box white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 1 bag, 2 lb powdered sugar (8 cups)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot water
- Red and greed food coloring
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottoms only of about 50 mini muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about half full).
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from muffin cups to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Place cooling rack on cookie sheet or waxed paper to catch glaze drips.
- In 3-quart saucepan, mix all glaze ingredients except hot water. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 teaspoons hot water. If necessary, stir in up to 1 teaspoon more water so glaze will just coat cakes.
- Separate the glaze evenly between 3 bowls. Mix one with red food color and another with green food color.
- Dip a cake into glaze and remove gently with a fork, place top side is down on cooling rack. Top with sprinkles immediately. Repeat till all cakes are coated. Let stand until glaze is set, about 15 minutes.
- Store loosely covered.
Head on over to Dana’s and check out her Mint Chocolate Butter Cookies. Yum!
Want more delicious inspiration? Follow me on Pinterest! I wanna see your pins!!