New month, new series and for the month of June Dana and I will be bringing you our 4th of July series!! I of course love going all out with the red, white, blue for the 4th and I will be sharing some amazing recipes you can create for your 4th of July celebrations.
This week I am bringing you my Fireworks Cupcakes! These cupcakes are so fun, delicious and adorable! They are also easy to make but look super impressive.
The red, white and blue cupcakes make a perfectly delicious dessert but the wow factor is in the candy fireworks that explode in your mouth (thanks to poprocks) and bring a super fun element to these tasty cupcakes.
You just start with a simple white cake mix from scratch or a box, whatever floats your boat, separating the batter into 3 equal parts. You just dye one batter portion red, one blue and leave the other white.
Then you just pop a little of each color into your super cute cupcake liners and give em a little swirl.
Bake and cool. Then for the frosting, you do the same thing, separate the frosting into 3 portions, dying one blue, one red and leave one white. I carefully put some blue frosting on one side of my bag, red on the other and white in the middle and then pipe away.
For the fireworks, I melt white, blue and red candy melts. Place each color in a ziploc bag and cut off a tiny bit of the corner. Using all 3 colors I pipe a firework design and quickly sprinkle them with red and blue pop rocks before they dry.
Once dry I place them carefully on the top of the cupcakes and viola the most amazing 4th of July cupcakes that explode like fireworks in your mouth. Kids will love them, adults will love and they are a great way to end your 4th of July party with a bang.
- Box of white cake mix
- 4 sticks of butter softened
- 1 two pound bag confectioners sugar
- red and blue food coloring
- red candy melts
- blue candy melts
- white candy melts
- red and blue pop rocks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare the cake mix according to box directions or prepare your own white cake recipe.
- Separate the batter into 3 bowls and dye one red, one blue and leave one white.
- Spoon a little white batter into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Add some blue batter and red batter to each cup.
- Using a toothpick swirl the colors together gently, not too much.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted come out clean.
- Let cool.
- Mix the 4 sticks of butter and confectioners sugar into your stand mixer and whip it till blended, adding a splash or two of cream or milk until a light and fluffy consistency.
- Separate the frosting into 3 bowls, dyeing one blue, one red, and leaving one white.
- In a piping bag carefully spread some red frosting on the inside of the bag on one side and repeat with the blue frosting on the other side of the inside of the bag. Then fill the bag with the white frosting.
- Pipe frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
- In separate bowls melt each of the candy melt colors in the microwave at 30 second intervals until all melted.
- Spoon each color melted chocolate melts into separate ziploc baggies and snip off a tiny corner.
- Pipe firework shapes with the chocolate on wax paper overlapping the colors.
- Sprinkle with poprocks before chocolate hardens
- When firework candy is hardened place on top of cupcakes and serve!!
For more 4th of July recipes head on over to Dana’s for her Candied Almond Triple Berry Yogurt Parfaits. Yum!!
Looking for another sweet treat perfect for your celebration? You can whip up these super quick adorable Marshmallow Sparkler Pops.
Looking for something to grill up at your party? Check out grilling series from last month!
Follow me on
Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!
Cut Off’s profile on Pinterest. Linked