Hey guys! It is summer time! That means you can smell the grills lighting up all over where families are grilling up some great dinners!
Today I want to inspire you to Gather ‘Round The Grill with a fabulous recipe that is a real crowd pleaser and my family just loves it and I know yours will too!
For this recipe I use Tyson® Individually Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs and KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce, both summertime grilling necessities. I grab these items at Walmart where they are always such a value! Walmart is my one stop shop for all my summer grilling needs!
Boneless Skinless Thighs are the perfect thing for the grill because they stay nice and juicy and are already so full of flavor.
I love keeping a bag of Tyson® Individually Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs on hand because they can go straight from the freezer to the grill, no thawing necessary, which is great for those nights I forget to take something out for dinner!!
Now this recipe originally called for chicken breasts but I am going to use thighs because they are so easy to use and so juicy!
This recipe starts with making a rub for the thighs, some spicy pickles and then grilling the thighs up.
Next dip them in some warm KC Masterpiece to put them over the top!
Then you top them with some spicy dill pickle chips you can make yourself by adding just a few ingredients to your dill pickle slices, yum!
The chicken and pickles then get nestled in some soft dinner rolls making them the perfect size to grab and go and parties, cookouts or a family dinner!
- 1 21 oz. bottle KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce
- Tyson® Individually Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 package dinner rolls
- Dry Rub:
- 1½ teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Spicy Pickles:
- 16 ounces dill pickle chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Combine dry rub ingredients in a bowl. Liberally apply to both sides of thighs.
- Place pickles in a bowl, keeping the jar and discarding the juice. Add sugar, red pepper flakes, hot sauce and garlic. Stir and let stand until the sugar dissolves. Place the mixture back into the jar and refrigerate until needed.
- Build a charcoal fire with Kingsford® charcoal for direct grilling. Grill chicken directly over the hot coals until thighs have reached an internal temperature of 170°
- In a small saucepan, heat the KC Masterpiece Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce until warm, about 5-10 minutes. Remove thighs from the grill and dip them in the sauce. Assemble sliders by slicing dinner rolls, placing chicken on roll and topping with pickles. Spear with a toothpick and serve.
The flavorful rub, the amazing BBQ sauce, the juicy thighs, the slightly spicy pickles and those soft fluffy rolls make these Classic Chicken Sliders irresistible!
As long as you have Tyson® Individually Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs in your freezer and KC Masterpiece in your pantry you are never far from whipping this babies up for a quick grilled dinner any night of the week!
You can find more amazing dinner inspiration that you can use to get your family to Gather ‘Round The Grill HERE!
What is your favorite thing to grill with Tyson® Individually Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs in your freezer and KC Masterpiece?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.