So this recipe is a favorite around my house although I wouldn’t call it a recipe more like a method. This Cinnamon Caramel “Fried” ice cream provides a creamy caramel ice cream coated in crushed up cinnamon cereal providing that crunchy outer coating fried ice cream has but with this method you forgo the frying (thus forgoing some extra calories too lol). You simply roll the ice cream balls in the crushed up cereal and pop them in your freezer till show time!!
This literally takes minutes to put together and puts a new spin on ice cream making you look awesome with little effort!!
This is especially great for parties because you can have the ice cream scooped, rolled and ready to go before the guests even show up! Just be sure to give it a little drizzle of caramel to really put this dessert over the top!
So give this a try I promise you will love it!!! It is creamy, cold, caramely (is that a word?), crunchy and cinnamony all things a great dessert should be!!
Cinnamon Caramel “Fried” Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- Caramel Ice Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Scoop out scoops of ice cream and place them on a tray and pop them in the freezer till they firm back up a little.
- Crush up cereal (not too fine, you still wants some chunks).
- Pull the ice cream back out the freezer and roll ice cream scoops in the cereal, forming them into balls as you go.
- Place cereal coated ice cream ball on another tray and put back in freezer while you repeat the steps with the other scoops.
- When all scoops are coated and back in freezer let freeze back up for 2-4 hours.
- Serve with a drizzle of caramel sauce on top!