This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of
Hey guys!!! I have a new recipe for you that is so easy you will be making it on a weekly basis!
I am always on the lookout for weeknight dinner ideas that don’t take a lot of time to put together because with two crazy boys I need to be able to get in and out of the kitchen.
To help me get dinner on the table fast I always keep RAGÚ® Pasta Sauce on hand. I use it for everything! It is the best pasta sauce of course, pizza sauce, dipping sauce, I cannot live without it!
I recently came across their New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce and oh my word is it fabulous!
I love that it is made with 100% Olive Oil and has no added sugar so I feel good serving it to my family (sometimes a few times a week lol).
It is so delicious and you can taste each bite of tomato, onion, garlic and spices, yum! It is so simple and that is what really lets all the flavor shine through!
Since this sauce is all about simplicity, I wanted to take a few simple ingredients and make a dish where the flavor of this sauce could really come through!
This Roman Style Chicken is a favorite of my grandma’s and I knew it would be a great way to serve this sauce.
Sautéed onions and red pepper top chicken breasts that rest on chopped spinach and sliced potatoes ready to be topped with that delicious New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce.
It all goes into the oven to bake and get all happy together while you whip up a quick green salad.
You can serve this over pasta to really soak up all that luscious sauce.
Roman Style Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 jar New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 2 potatoes washed peeled and sliced
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet melt the butter or oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook 5-8 minutes until slightly tender.
- In a 9x13 evenly spread the drained frozen chopped spinach.
- Layer the potato sliced over the spinach and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Add the chicken on top of the potatoes.
- Top the chicken with the peppers and onions.
- Pour the RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce on top of chicken and cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes and then remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
I love this dish because you can make it for two or four or even a crowd easily. You can switch out the potatoes for squash or zucchini if you want to make it low carb.
You can add a little mozzarella to the top for a cheesy twist or add some red pepper flakes for spice. You can really make this your own!
So keep your pantry stocked with plenty of New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce and you can have a simply delicious dinner in no time!
Want to win a New RAGÚ® SIMPLY PASTA SAUCE Prize Pack, simply enter below to win a box of goodies from RAGÚ®!