Bacon Wrapped Sweet and Tangy Chicken
The other night I made chicken 2 ways, wrapped in bacon for us adults and skewered on popsicle sticks for the kids. Both were a big hit!
The bacon wrapped version was delicious and was topped with a sweet and tangy mix of brown sugar and honey dijon mustard but you could certainly top them with whatever sauce you wanted or your favorite bbq sauce. They were a cinch to put together and cooked in no time. I serve them with cheesy potatoes or just simple mashed potatoes and it is a winner with everyone.
Sweet and Tangy Bacon Wrapped Chicken
2 pounds of boneless skinless breasts cut into strips or 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
A pound of bacon (thinner is better, this is not the best place for a thick slice of bacon)
Honey dijon mustard
Your Favorite BBQ sauce
This could not be simpler
- Line a sheet pan with foil
- In a small bowl mix about a cup of brown sugar with 2 tablespoons mustard (add more mustard or sugar to taste)
- You want the mixture to be thick.
- Wrap each strip with a slice of bacon.
- Place chicken on tray and spoon the sauce of the top. Don’t worry about spreading the sauce it will melt and coat in the oven.
- Bake in oven at about 350-400 until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crispy.