Hey yall!! We are right smack in the middle of our Halloween Series and I am loving it!! This week I wanted to share with you a really quick Halloween dessert.
Looking for a treat not a trick this Halloween? Look no further than this spooky spin on everyone’s favorite peanut butter cookies. Mixed with cocoa and rolled in black sugar sprinkles these simple cookies are transformed into cute witch hats by adding a hershey kiss on top!
These make a perfect quick cookie for any Halloween party and the best part kids can help! They can roll the cookie balls, coat them in the sugar, pop the kissed on and decorate with sprinkles!
I loved making these, they are soft and peanut buttery and they look so festive in their Halloween colors!
So get your little ghouls in the kitchen and get making these tasty Witch Hat Peanut Butter Cookies this Halloween! Don’t forget to let them lick the mixing cauldron!!
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup black sugar sprinkles for rolling
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- decorative sprinkles
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- 2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add brown sugar and 1/3 cup granulated sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- 3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in black sugar sprinkles; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately press chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted. Let cool slightly. Carefully pour into a ziploc bag and cut off tip. Pipe melted chocolate around kisses and immediately sprinkle Halloween sprinkles on. Makes about 48 cookies.
Don’t forget to head to Dana’s and check out her super cute Frankenstein Twinkie Pops!