Hey guys!!!! So this was my first week back in the blogging saddle after having a fabulous holiday break. Let’s just say it was not a successful first day back. I had planned to share with you some Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Meringues for our Valentine’s series. Well my chocolate seized and was unusable. That was okay, I would just drizzle them with red chocolate. They looked like I murdered a bunch of hearts. It was gruesome, not pretty, not cute and not romantic. Sooooo I am sharing with you one of my favorite Valentine’s Day recipes from last year. It is still a favorite around here!
So this weekend Dean had a little cabin fever and I needed something to keep him busy and this Valentine’s Candy Bark was just the thing.
He had so much fun making it and was so proud of himself. He especially loved eating it!
This is a great project to do with kids because you can set out their favorite candies and sprinkles and just let them go to town! You can even use smaller pans for the chocolate so each kid gets their own to decorate.
We used Valentine’s candy corn (found them at Wal-mart in the seasonal aisle), m&ms and sprinkles (Target dollar spot).
So get your kids in the kitchen and let them create their own little masterpieces. When they are done, break up the bark into pieces and it makes great little homemade gifts for Valentine’s Day!!
Dean was so happy to help mama “cook”.
Valentine’s Candy Bark
- 1 pound white almond bark or white bakers chocolate
- Assorted toppings like sprinkles candy, even pretzels or cookies!
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals in a bowl in the microwave until smooth, or in a double boiler on the stove.
- Prepare a 9x13 dish with foil lightly sprayed or oiled.
- Pour the melted chocolate in the pan and gently spread evenly.
- Top with all your favorite toppings while the chocolate is still melted.
- Let sit about 4 hours until cooled.
- Break into pieces and serve!
Head on over to Dana’s and check out her Cupid Fairy Bread, how cute!!
You can follow me on Pinterest for more yummy inspiration!!