This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RotelDareToDip #CollectiveBias
Hey guys!! It’s almost Halloween!!! I love Halloween!
I look forward every year to walking around my grandparent’s neighborhood on that crisp evening, feeling the first chilly whispers of fall roll in, listening to the crunch of fallen leaves under the feet of ghosts and goblins shouting “Trick or Treat!” through the streets, their rosy cheeks behind puppy masks and princess crowns with their bags of candy banging on their legs behind them. We then head into my grandma’s house where all the kids dump their candy bags out and the adults sit and sort through the candy.
Of course us adults are hungry from a little more than something fun sized so we always make sure there is plenty of our favorite RO*TEL® dip to go around.
This is our go to dip for everything!! Any get together, any party, any holiday there has to be a big bowl of this dip or the guest will riot lol.
It is the perfect combo of flavorful sausage, melty cheese and those delicious RO*TEL® tomatoes that give this dip it’s name and flavor.
Just the right pop of green chiles make these tomatoes perfect in everything from dip to salsa and I always throw a can into my chili as my “secret ingredient”.
I was shopping in Walmart for costumes and Halloween candy (most of which will make it to the trick or treaters I hope lol) and I picked up the ingredients to make this dip for Halloween.
You can get everything you need to make this dip right at your Walmart.
To make this dip just a little spooky for Halloween I like to add a sour cream spider web complete with black olive spiders and black corn chips (okay they are blue corn chips but close enough lol)
I love that this dip is such a crowd pleaser for kids and adults, it comes together in minutes and can be kept warm in a crock pot!
Spooky Spider Sausage Queso
- Just brown up your sausage.
- Add your RO*TEL® tomatoes.
- Add the melting cheese.
Melt everything together and serve with chips! It is that easy!
Now I added little olive spiders which I made from sliced black olives. I piped the sour cream spider web using a sandwich ziploc bag with a tiny tip of the corner cut off. You could do other things to spook up this dip. You could serve it in a pumpkin, serve with little bat tortilla chips or serve it out of a large cauldron.
I got these little individual cauldrons to serve it out of and I think they are so cute!! I know they are supposed to be spooky but they are adorable lol!
This is my family’s favorite dip and it is a classic! We like it just as it is but you can add all sorts of things to fit your tastes.
You can add
- Black beans
- Hot sausage
- Cream cheese
- Layer of refried beans
We love to make extra because it reheats beautifully but we also like to serve it over chicken and rice, on top of nachos and our favorite way on chili dogs!
So this Halloween whip up this Spooky Spider Sausage Queso for a delicious treat with no tricks!
For more Halloween snack inspiration go HERE
- 16 ounce Odom's Tennessee Pride® Mild Country Sausage
- 2 28 ounce RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 32 ounce Great Value Easy Melt Cheese
- 6 ounce Great Value Medium Pitted Black Olives
- 16 ounce Great Value Original Sour Cream
- Brown and crumble Odom's Tennessee Pride® Mild Country Sausage in large non-stick pot over medium heat
- Add the undrained RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- Add in Great Value Easy Melt Cheese
- Reduce heat to medium low and break the cheese up with your spoon to help it melt faster
- Cook until all cheese is melted stirring frequently to prevent cheese from burning on bottom
- Slice some olives in half and then some of those halves into tiny slices for legs
- Add about 1/4 cup of sour cream to a small ziploc bag and cut off a tiny corner
- Place the dip into a large bowl or cauldron
- Pipe a spider web on top of the dip
- Add the halved olives as spider bodies and then add the smaller slices as legs
- Serve with blue corn chips, yum!