These slow cooker beans are perfect for any get together!
These Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans are full of flavor! Bacon, ground beef, onion, green bell peppers and 3 kinds of beans slow cooker in a sweet sauce. These are the perfect potluck side dish and are great for any BBQ this summer!
There is nothing I love more an easy side dish that I can just throw in the slow cooker that everyone will love and these slow cooker baked beans fit the bill.
I love that I can just throw everything in the slow cooker and have a delicious, flavorful side dish that everyone really enjoys. Whenever I find a cookout side that is a crowd pleaser I get excited! And for it to be in the slow cooker? That’s a double win! I love finding slow cooker sides for the summer because I do not want to turn the oven on!
These slow cooker beans are so thick, rich and flavorful. Full of ground beef, bacon, bell pepper, onion, seasonings and 3 different kinds of beans these beans are amazing! Everytime I make these everyone always asks for the recipe. You will be the hit of the cookout if you bring these beans.
I love that you can customize this to your family’s taste, make it more spicy, more sweet, add your favorite seasonings, you can totally make this recipe your own.
Can we also take a minute to talk about how budget-friendly this dish is? Everyone is feeling the pinch with the grocery bill right now and you can’t get much cheaper than beans and they help stretch that bacon and beef and make enough beans to feed a crowd!
Next time you want a crowd pleasing side dish that will impress all your guests at the cookout just pop these beans in the slow cooker and you will have the most fabulous side dish ever!
I promise your whole family will love these Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans.
You will want to make this dish again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Family friendly.
- Budget friendly.
- Full of flavor.
- Perfect for potlucks.
- Great for a crowd.
My favorite slow cooker for this recipe is this Hamilton Beach one.
Can I use any beans?
Of course!! You do have to use the pork and beans as the base but you are more than welcome to substitute the other beans for your favorite ones.
What should I serve this with?
This makes the perfect side dish for any cookout meal. This goes great with burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, steak, rib, anything!
Can I make this more spicy?
You can add red pepper flakes, jalapenos, green chiles or sriracha to give this a kick.
● Ground beef- cooked and drained
● Bacon, diced- use your favorite bacon, you can even used precooked or microwave bacon
● Onion- I like to use a sweet onion for this recipe
● Green bell pepper- I love the flavor of the green bell pepper but you can also use red or yellow.
● Pork and beans- Again use your favorite brand but make sure to NOT drain them.
● Northern beans- You can also substitute these for your favorite bean.
● Red kidney beans- I think these really make these beans “cowboy” but you can swap them out if they aren’t your favorite
● Brown sugar- Gives these beans their sweetness.
● Ketchup- provides a good base for the beans.
● Vinegar- gives a little tang.
● Mustard- for a little flavor.
How to make these Cowboy Beans
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- In a large skillet over medium high heat cook the bacon with the onion and green bell pepper.
- Cook until the bacon is crispy.
- Drain the grease.
- To the slow cooker add the cooked drained beef, bacon, onion pepper mixture, pork and beans, northern beans, kidney beans, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar and mustard.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Want more summer side dishes? Check these out!
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- Slow Cooker Hot Honey Chicken Sandwiches
- ● 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- ● 1 pound of bacon, diced
- ● 1 small onion, diced
- ● 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- ● 3 cans of pork and beans, not drained
- ● 3 cans of northern beans, drained
- ● 3 cans red kidney beans, drained
- ● 1 cup of brown sugar
- ● 1 cup of ketchup
- ● 3 teaspoons of vinegar
- ● 2 teaspoons mustard
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat cook the bacon with the
onion and green bell pepper.
2. Cook until the bacon is crispy.
3. Drain the grease.
4. To the slow cooker add the cooked drained beef, bacon, onion
pepper mixture, pork and beans, northern beans, kidney beans,
brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar and mustard.
5. Stir to combine.
6. Cook on low for 4 hours.
7. Garnish with parsley if desired.
● Store leftovers in an airight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
● You can spice this up by adding red chili flakes, chili powder or jalapenos while cooking.
● You can substitute the kidney and northern beans for your favorite beans, just drain them.
● Don’t substitute the pork and beans.
● You can easily halve this recipe.
● You can freeze the leftovers.