Hey guys!! Today I am going to share with you an amazing quick pasta dish that is out of this world delicious! It is one of my favorites because it is so quick but so yummy and it just seems a little more refined than our normal pasta night. It’s an elevated dish but still simple and amazing!
Crumbled Italian sausage and broccoli are bathed in a creamy garlic parmesan sauce and everything gets tossed with orecchiette pasta, my favorite!
I just start by browning up some Italian sausage in a large skillet.
Then I add a little butter and flour and let that all cook together with a little fresh garlic.
Next comes milk and it all bubbles together till thickened.
A little parmesan and pepper gives this dish great flavor.
Then I toss in the steamed broccoli and Orechiette pasta.
Serve it up with a gorgeous side salad and crusty bread and in less than 30 minutes you have gorgeous dinner!
- 1 pound bulk italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 box Orecchiette
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- In a large skillet brown and crumble the italian sausage
- Meanwhile boil the orecchiette and steam the broccoli
- Add the butter and garlic in with the browned sausage until melted
- Whisk in the flour until thicken and pasty
- Add in the milk whisking until smooth
- Heat over medium high until bubbly and thick
- Add in the parmesan cheese and pepper
- Toss the pasta and broccoli with the sausage sauce
- Serve with salad and bread
So anytime you want to elevate your weeknight dinner or make a pasta dish to really wow your friends make this Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Orecchiette.