This Pepperoni Bread is so Cheesy and Delicious!
Pepperoni Bread is an amazing appetizer, snack, lunch, sometimes I just eat it for dinner, it is so so good! Frozen bread dough rolls out and is layered with pepperoni and mozzerella. Roll it up and brush with an egg and some italian seasoning. It gets baked to perfection. This is great for dipping in sauce. Everyone loves this bread and I can never keep enough on hand!
I once had pepperoni bread from a local farmer’s market and fell in love. It was the best thing ever and I knew I had to recreate it at home.
This is such a crowd-pleaser, family favorite and kid-friendly recipe. It is actually quite simple to make and packs a lot of cheesy, savory flavor.
I take a shortcut and use frozen bread dough. This bread dough comes in an orange bag in the freezers section of most grocery stores. You just let it thaw, roll it out and fill it with your sliced mozzarella and deli pepperoni slices.
This is great for a snack, appetizer or light lunch. I serve this for lunch with a side salad and it is perfect but it also can make a great quick dinner with a little mac and cheese for the kiddos.
Right now my kids are out of school for summer so it is so easy to whip this up at the beginning of the week and have slices of this delicious bread any time you need it.
I love that you can customize this to your family’s taste, you can add salami or jalapenos, add pepperjack or cheddar cheese, favorite seasonings, you can totally make this recipe your own.
Can we also take a minute to talk about how budget-friendly this recipe is? The bread I bought came in a pack of 5 and pepperoni and cheese are relatively inexpensive.
Next time you need a recipe that absolutely everyone will love make this bread and I promise you your whole family will be happy!!
I promise your whole family will love this pepperoni bread.
You will want to make this bread again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Full of flavor.
- Picky eater approved.
Can I use any pepperoni?
Yes, you can use your favorite pepperoni, this works great with turkey pepperoni, small pepperoni but I prefer to use the large deli-style pepperoni. You can also use salami.
Can I use any cheese?
Mozerella is traditionally used in this bread but feel free to use your favorite cheese. I do find the sliced cheese works better than shredded so I would suggest using sliced over shredded.
Can I use pizza dough?
Of course! You can use fresh pizza dough or the canned pizza dough from the refrigerated section. They will both work as well.
How should I store this?
This pepperoni bread never lasts long in my house so I leave it in an airtight container for a day. If there is any left after a day I would refrigerate that for up to 3 days.
● Frozen bread dough- You can find this in the frozen bread section of most grocery stores. They usually come in a 5 pack.
● Deli sliced pepperoni- I like to get the big slices of pepperoni and you can get it as thin or thick as you like.
● Sliced mozzarella cheese- I just a pack of sliced mozzarella cheese from the cheese section at Walmart.
● Egg- This is for the egg wash on top to give this a nice golden color.
● Italian seasoning- This adds a little flavor and color to the top of the bread.
● Marinara- For dipping, just use your favorite brand.
How to make this bread
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out your dough into a large rectangle.
- Lay your pepperoni over the surface of the dough.
- Layer the mozzarella cheese on top of the pepperoni.
- Roll the longer side of the dough up into a spiral.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Beat the egg and brush ontop of the roll.
- Sprinkle with the italian seasoning.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until it is all the way baked through.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and slice.
- Serve with marinara for dipping.
Want more delicious bread recipes? Check these out!
- Slow Cooker Banana Bread
- Lasagna Stuffed Garlic Bread
- Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- ● 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- ● 1/4 pound deli sliced pepperoni
- ● 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- ● 1 egg
- ● 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ● Marinara for dipping
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll out your dough into a large rectangle about 12x10 inches.
3. Lay your pepperoni over the surface of the dough.
4. Layer the mozzarella cheese on top of the pepperoni.
5. Roll the longer side of the dough up into a spiral.
6. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
7. Beat the egg and brush ontop of the roll.
8. Sprinkle with the italian seasoning.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes until it is all the way baked through.
10. Let cool for 10-15 minutes and slice.
11. Serve with marinara for dipping.
● Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
● Add pepperoncinis for spice.
● You can also add jalapenos for a spicy kick.
● You can also dip these in ranch dressing.
● You can sprinkle grated parm on the top before baking too.