Hey guys!!!! The weather is finally cooling off and that means Halloween is right around the corner!!! I love Halloween!! I think I love it so much because I am addicted to candy, I love candy in all it’s artificially colored, sugar laden gloriousness and I am not ashamed (well maybe a little lol).
I also love taking the kid’s trick or treating around my grandparent’s neighborhood. Walking around in the crisp cool air while “Trick or Treat” echos through the costume filled streets. We end the night with pizza at my grandparent’s while the kids dump out their buckets and the parent’s check (aka pilfer) the night’s spoils.
So I am a big fan of Halloween and what is better than making some great Halloween treats for your little ghouls and goblins?
These Mummy Buddies are the perfect easy treat!!!
You just use the same recipe as classic Muddy Buddies, except you substitute Teddy Grahams for cereal and then you have spooky little mummies!!
This makes the perfect snack to put out at Halloween parties or bag up for Halloween treats!
- 4 and a half cups Teddy Grahams
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 pound white almond bark, melting chocolate
- Into large bowl, measure cookies; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave in 20 second intervals until melted.
- Using a fork, drizzle melted white chocolate over the cookies and let set.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
If you want more spooktacular treats check out Dana’s Owl Snack Cakes, cuuutee!!