This is a sponsored post for Post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Hey guys!! It is the holidays! My favorite time of year!! Of course I love to bake for the holidays and I always want to get Dean involved. Being that I am 9 months pregnant the thought of making cookies and decorating them and all that clean up especially with the mess a 6 year old boy could make with sprinkles exhausts me.
I did not want to miss out on making some festive treats with him though so I came up with the perfect solution! I turned to his favorite cereal, Fruity Pebbles (who are we kidding, it’s my favorite too!) and decided to make a fabulously festive wreath out of Fruity Pebbles cereal and marshmallows. Then we could decorate it with candy and it would be the perfect dessert for Christmas Eve and a big hit with the kids who aren’t usually fond of the fancy desserts we serve on Christmas Eve lol.
So this recipe starts out just like any other marshmallow cereal treat recipe and that is with some melted butter. Then you add in your marshmallows which can be just plain ones or you can bump up the fruity taste and go for the fruity flavored mini ones.
Once your marshmallows are melted you have to work fast to get your cereal mixed in. When it is all combined transfer it to a lightly greased bundt pan. Now be patient and let that pretty wreath cool!
When it is all cool and ready to come out an be decorated just turn over your bundt pan onto your serving platter.
Now comes the fun part… decorating!!
Of course Christmas sprinkles are a favorite, I also put out candies and fruit leather which makes lovely ribbons.
Let your kids get creative and and decorate it any way they please!
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1 pkg., 10-1/2 oz. miniature marshmallows, plain or fruit flavored (6 cups)
- 1 pkg., 13 oz. Fruity, Cocoa or Marshmallow Pebbles Cereal (about 8-1/2 cups)
- Various candies for decorating
- Microwave butter in 4-qt. microwavable bowl on HIGH 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 seconds.
- Add cereal; mix well.
- Press firmly into greased bundt pan.
- Invert pan onto plate and release the wreath.
Now it is all ready to make it’s way to your holiday table!
Not only is this an easy and delicious holiday treat but it is one the kid’s will love helping make and feel so proud of!
So this holiday season get the kids involved and make this amazing Fruity Pebbles Wreath!