Hi Guys! So once upon time in blog land a long long time ago I posted a recipe for Chicken Caesar Salad Subs, and took this horrible picture…. Oh the horror! And the flash, what was I thinking lol!
Ahhh so much better if I do say so myself!
Now this recipe is super simple, it is a great quick meal, and to me it seems like the perfect summer meal, the grilled chicken, crispy romaine and creamy dressing make a great light dinner you can make without heating up the kitchen.
I think everyone loves Chicken Caesar Salads and this is even better because its on a nice toasted roll. I butter the rolls and dust them with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese and pop them under the broiler. What you get is a sub roll that tastes like a crouton and you can’t have a Caesar Salad without croutons!
I season the chicken simply again with just garlic salt and pepper, grill it then slice it. The whole thing comes together with some bright green romaine leaves, a smear or two of Caesar dressing and a final sprinkling of parm. Then you have one delicious and quick dinner the whole family will love!
So next time you need a quick dinner just whip up some of these and you will have happy tummies in no time!
Chicken Caesar Salad Subs
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Garlic Salt
- 4-6 Sub Buns
- Softened butter
- Parmesan Cheese
- Romaine Lettuce
- Caesar Dressing
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through. Slice.
- Spread the inside of your sub rolls with softened butter, sprinkle with a little garlic salt (or powder) and sprinkle some parm in there too. Place the rolls under your broiler and watch them like a hawk till they are golden brown on the inside.
- Spread a little Caesar dressing on the inside of the subs and lay in a few leaves of the romaine. Arrange the chicken on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the whole sub with more parm and an extra drizzle of dressing if you like.
- Serve to your hungry family!