When I saw this recipe floating around the internet, I thought they looked awesome and couldn’t wait to try them. Much to my relief they are super quick to make, super inexpensive and super gorgeous lol. I made them last summer and used up a lot of the jello I already had on hand. It was delicious (taste like jello with cool whip already on it). For memorial day I planned to make it with red and blue jello to have a red, white and blue thing going on….but I didn’t have blue jello -_- So now I will be making the red, white and blue one for the 4th of July, red, white, and green ones for Christmas, the possibilities are endless and if you cut out shapes with cookie cutters there are even more options.
Stained Glass Jello
4-6 boxes (3-ounces each) Jello (or store brand gelatin dessert) in different colors
14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (Knox)
1. For each flavor, dissolve one box of Jello in 1 cup of boiling water. Pour into a square container (I used disposable pans to make things easier because I don’t have 6 square pans lol) and chill 1-3 hours (sets up super fast so just check it)
2. After chilling the flavors, cut them into small blocks.
3. Carefully mix the blocks in a 9×13-inch pan.
4. In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin into ½ cup cold water. After the gelatin blooms, add 1½ cups boiling water and dissolve. Add the can of condensed milk. Stir and let cool. Pour cooled milk mixture over Jello blocks in 9×13 pan. Skim off any small bubbles that are created when you pour the condensed milk on the Jello pieces. Chill overnight or at least 3 hours until firm.
5. Cut into blocks or shapes and serve.