This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of TruMoo Milk . All opinions are 100% mine.
Hey y’all!! Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and I got the perfect recipe to share with you that has a special ingredient…
New TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk! It is one of their fabulous seasonal flavors and we love it around here. It is delicious and you can warm it up and pour it in a mug for a warm, perfect cup of hot chocolate. It is always what the kids are asking for after a chilly day.
We already love TruMoo milk in our house especially since it has no artificial growth hormones and no high fructose corn syrup which is so important to look for when shopping. But our favorite part is the taste, always delicious, always fresh tasting and they always have a fun new flavor to try, like this Chocolate Marshmallow.
Okay, okay I am done gushing about our love for TruMoo and how you should run right out and pick some up for yourself, now onto the recipe!
Valentine’s Day of course calls for chocolate and with it usually being uber chilly in February a Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Lava Cake is the perfect thing to warm you and your Valentine up!
A rich chocolate cake oozing with molten marshmallow middle is topped with a decadent hot chocolate glaze made with TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk, yum!
Who needs cupid when you have such an amazing dessert!?!
I love to serve this with a nice mug of hot TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow and it makes a perfect, easy Valentine’s Day dessert. Who doesn’t like easy?!? I know molten cakes can look a little tricky but I promise they are simple and a true show stopper. Plus if you run into any issues you can always cover the top with marshmallows and add a little more molten marshmallow fluff in yourself ;)
I really love the Chocolate Marshmallow Glaze, it is wonderful on top of the cakes but my head is spinning at what else I can use it on, cookies, muffins, cakes, the possibilities are endless. However TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow is not, it is a limited time flavor so be sure to head to the store and stock up now!
I hope you make this luscious recipe for the Valentines in your life or treat them to a glass of TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow, yum!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, plus melted butter for brushing
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons of marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup powdered suga
- 2-3 Tablespoons TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Brush four 6-ounce ramekins with melted butter. In a small bowl, whisk the cocoa powder with 1 tablespoon of the flour; dust the ramekins with the cocoa mixture, tapping out the excess. Transfer the ramekins to baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 stick of butter with the chocolate over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the granulated sugar with the eggs and salt at medium-high speed until thick and pale yellow, 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the melted chocolate until no streaks remain. Fold in the 1/4 cup of flour.
- Spoon two-thirds of the batter into the prepared ramekins. Using a slightly moistened spoon, divide the marshmallow fluff among the ramekins. Cover with the remaining chocolate batter. Bake in the center of the oven for 16 minutes, until the tops are cracked but the centers are still slightly jiggly. Transfer the ramekins to a rack and let cool for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Run the tip of a small knife around each cake to loosen. Invert a small plate over each cake and, using pot holders, invert again. Carefully lift off the ramekins.
- Mix powdered sugar with TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow and stir till combined.
- Drizzle glaze over cakes and top with more marshmallows.
- Serve warm.
Happy Valentine’s Day!