Hey y’all!! Fall is almost here!!! It is my most favoritest season!! The crisp air, the chilly nights, the pumpkins, the falling leaves, boots, sweaters, I love it all!!!
Of course this time of year everyone starts gearing up for pumpkin. I love pumpkin too but sadly caramel apple gets overlooked though it is an amazing fall flavor I cannot get enough of.
Fall also means backs to school and I want to share with you some great and easy back to school snacks this month.
This week I am sharing my Caramel Apple Rice Krispie Treats. Listen to me people, this is important! These are the best darn rice krispie treats I have ever eaten, ever!!
These are caramely and have just the right bite of apple and spice, these are perfect!
Did I mention they are super easy, like ready in no time easy.
The 3 main things that make these stand out are, browning the butter, the caramel marshmallows and the dried apples.
One quick note about the apples, I got mine in the canned fruit section where they keep the raisins. While you can use regular dried apples I found a small bag of crisp dried apples with a little cinnamon flavor mixed in. They were perfect in the treats!
- 5 tablespoons butter, do not substitute margarine
- One 8 ounce bag caramel marshmallows, I found jet puffed brand
- 1/2 cup regular marshmallows, or mini
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped dried apples
- Dash of cinnamon optional
- In a large pot brown your butter slowly until just golden brown.
- Turn the heat to low and add in your marshmallows stirring constantly until all melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately add in your cereal and apples.
- Pour into a greased 2-3 quart pyrex and let cool.
- Slice up and enjoy this taste of fall!
So while the weather is cooling off and your kiddos are packing up their backpacks, whip up a batch of these amazing treats for an easy after school snack or a quick dessert perfect to welcome in fall.
Want more after school snack ideas? Check out Dana’s Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pecans, yum!!