Hey yall!! I am so glad it is cooling off around here! That means fall is just around the corner. It also means school is starting so Dana and I decided to bring you this After School Snack Series to help with all those hungry tummies after school.
When the air get a chill and the days get shorter I want fall flavors. Pumpkin is course the favorite!! But caramel apple is a close second and I knew I wanted to make some super yummy caramel apple snacks without the mess of a big sticky apple on a stick.
One time I was at a baseball game and I of course begged my mom for a caramel apple and she got me one. I sat happily with my caramel apple munching away until I realized a huge horse fly had landed on it and was stuck, ewwww. So no more caramel apples for me lol.
When I was shopping the other day I spotted these apple cinnamon Chex and knew I had to make some Caramel Apple Muddy Buddies. Everyone loves muddy buddies because they are delicious, easy to snack on an they are easy to make and you can make them in a 1000 varieties!
This Caramel Apple Muddy Buddy recipe could not be simpler! It is of course delicious and has all the caramel apple deliciousness. The apple flavor from the cereal and the dried apples is perfect with the caramel bits, yum! I especially love that I can whip this up in no time and it makes a lot. It is perfect for packaging up and sharing with friends, taking to football games, serving at parties, anything!
So make a big ol batch for your after school snacks and I gaurentee you will get a ton of smiles! On a side note this is also perfect for snacking while waiting to pick the kids up. Us mommies need a snack too!!
- 1 box Apple Cinnamon, I think its about 13 oz
- 1 pound white almond bark
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1 cup caramel bits, found with the chocolate chips
- Pour the whole box of cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- Split 2 cups powdered sugar into 2 gallon ziploc bags.
- Melt the almond bark in the microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Pour the melted bark on the cereal and stir gently to coat.
- Pour half of the mixture into each ziploc bag.
- Shake till coated with powdered sugar.
- Add half a cup of dried chopped apples and half a cup of caramel bits to each bag.
- Shake and serve!
Don’t forget to head over to Dana’s and check out her Muddy Buddy Cookies yum!!