These Air Fryer Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes are the perfect copycat made in the air fryer quicker than going through the drive thru! Seasoned potatoes get nice and crispy before getting topped with nacho cheese, sour cream and green onions, yum!
These Air Fryer Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes are going to be your new favorite recipe! Perfectly seasoned potatoes cooked up crispy in the air fryer and get topped with luscious nacho cheese, sour cream, and scallions. The combination is perfect and I love serving this on taco night or even for a quick lunch!
I am not ashamed to admit I go to Taco Bell way more than I should. I have loved it since I was little but I love to make it at home even more! Making these Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes in the air fryer takes no time and they come out hot, crisp, and delicious! Plus when you make them at home you can totally customize them however you like.
Air Fryer Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
Full recipe at end of post
- Cut up your potatoes.
- Toss with oil and taco seasoning.
- Air Fry till golden and crispy.
- Top with nacho cheese.
- Add sour cream and your favorite toppings.
- Serve your delicious copycat Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes.
Can I use any kind of potato for these Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes?
Of course! I like to use russets for mine but feel free to use your favorite potato. Just make sure to cut them into bite-size pieces similar in size so they all cook evenly and you are good to go.
Can I make these in the oven?
Yes!! These Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes can also be made just as well in the oven. They will cook for a little longer in the oven than in the air fryer but will come out just as crispy. Just set the oven to 400 degrees and proceed with the recipe and cook for 30-45 minutes flipping once. Take them out when they are tender in the middle and crispy.
What other toppings can I use?
You can top these with your favorite toppings like
- Diced tomatoes
- Black olives
- Green Chiles
- Corn salsa
- 2 large russet potatoes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- ½ cup lite sour cream
- 1 cup nacho cheese (Rico’s is supposed to be the best dupe for Taco Bells)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Wash your potatoes and dry them.
- Cut your potatoes into 1 inch bite size pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl toss the potatoes with the oil making sure they are all coated.
- Next sprinkle in the taco seasoning.
- Toss well until everything is coated.
- Place the potatoes into your air fryer basket and air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes shake the basket to toss the potatoes around.
- Continue cooking the potatoes at 400 for another 5-10 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender and crispy.
- Remove the potatoes and place into 4 little bowls or ramekins.
- Meanwhile warm up your nacho cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds or until warmed through.
- Evenly top each potato bowl with the nacho cheese.
- Next evenly distribute the sour cream among the four bowls.
- Add a few chopped green onions to the top of each bowl.
- You can choose to peel or not to peel your potatoes, I don’t it adds a little extra crispiness!
- You can also mix the potatoes, oil and seasoning in a ziploc bag for easy cleanup.
- You can also store that ziploc bag of potatoes in the fridge until you are ready to cook them later in the day.
- While you could make your own nacho cheese to make these taste more authentic to Taco Bell a premade nacho cheese is closest.
- You could skip the nacho cheese and use shredded if that's more to your liking.
- You can totally skip the green onions if you like.
- You can top the potatoes with tomatoes, jalapenos or any of your favorite taco toppings.
Want more Taco Bell Copycats? Check these out!!