This sponsored post is written by my on behalf of Pompeian, a company I use and trust and want to share with my readers.
Hey guys! I got some things to tell you today!! Oh and a super yummy, quick recipe for ya!
First of all I want to tell you a little bit of the Pledge for EVOO which is where you pledge to switch from butter to olive oil during the month of August which is National Olive Oil Month!
To kick off the National Olive Oil Month and sway even the biggest butter fan, Pompeian is partnering with movie theatres to swap movie theatre popcorn butter with Pompeian Olive Oils, and man oh man is that going to be delicious!
Pompeian is a leader in the olive oil industry so you know they are good! And they are the number one selling Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the U.S. So making the switch is easy!
I decided to make the switch in my favorite easy lunch recipe Spicy Shrimp Quesadilla. Plump spicy shrimp are nestled between two crispy tortillas all melded together with gooey, creamy pepper jack cheese.
I usually saute the shrimp in butter but since I am taking the pledge I switched to Pompeian Safflower Oil. I also switched the butter I use to crisp up the tortillas for EVOO.
The tortillas were crisper with the oil, the shrimp were juicer, this switch made for an amazing update to my favorite lunch.
Spicy Shrimp Quesadilla
- 12 peeled de-veined precooked shrimp
- Pompeian Safflower EVOO
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese you can go lighter on the cheese, but I love cheese!!
- Garlic Salt
- In a non-stick skillet drizzle about 2 teaspoons EVOO.
- Add in your shrimp.
- Sprinkle shrimp with garlic salt, pepper and a dash or two of Sriracha (depending on how hot you like things)
- Saute over medium high heat until shrimp are warmed through.
- Remove shrimp from pan and give them a rough chop.
- Wipe out pan.
- Drizzle in another 2 teaspoons EVOO into the pan.
- Place one tortilla in the pan.
- Sprinkle on half of your shredded cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle on the shrimp.
- Then add the rest of the cheese.
- Top with last tortilla.
- Flip the quesadilla and let get brown and crispy on second side.
- Remove from pan, slice into 4 pieces and serve!
I am so glad I made the switch and the Pledge For EVOO!
Now you can be too and it is even easier than you think with Pompeian’s easy conversion chart and there large learn about collection of olive oils, including Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Special Blends and the premium Varietals Collection!
I mean after hearing how easy it is to pledge and make the switch you shouldn’t need much more convincing, buuuuut if you take the Pompeian Pledge by visiting HERE 1,000 fans who sign up will be randomly selected to receive an awesome gift from Pompeian (a free movie redemption code and a coupon for a free bottle of olive oil), plus every week 5 additional fans who have pledged will win a fun prize pack on Pompeian’s timeline!! So go, make the pledge!! Create yummy recipes with EVOO instead of butter this month and you will be amazed at the taste!
What recipes will you be switching butter for EVOO?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Pompeian.