Hey guys!! I got a super quick recipe for you today based off of the Firecracker Chicken recipe you all loved so much! This one has all the flavor of the old recipe but is easier and quicker.
Now I love the other Firecracker Chicken recipe and I still make it from time to time, but when I want Firecracker Chicken and don’t feel like going through all the hassle of cutting up chicken, breading it and frying it before baking it I make this speedy version!
All you need is some popcorn chicken from the freezer section of your grocery store, throw the sauce on them and pop them in the oven! Half the work cut out and half the time. Now you can have Firecracker Chicken for dinner in a hurry making it much easier for those upcoming busy weeknights with school starting.
- 1 1/2-2 pounds frozen popcorn chicken
- 1/3 cup hot sauce I use Frank’s brand for hot wings since it is thicker
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place popcorn chicken in a 9x13 Pyrex dish.
- Mix sauce ingredients together.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Place in preheated 325 degree oven.
- Bake for about one hour, turning the chicken once or twice while cooking to coat evenly with sauce. (Watch very carefully as it can burn) Serve over rice.