This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Hey yall!!! Ahhh summer time! Time to relax and soak in the sun! Around here that also means keeping plenty of iced tea in the fridge at all times lol! Summer also means road trips, trips to visit family out of state, small road trips to the beach all sorts of road trips! Chances are you are going to be on some kind of road trip this summer, am I right?
I love getting in the car and going, we don’t even have to end up anywhere I just love car rides (now I sound like a puppy lol). Thankfully Dan is the same way too, he just loves to get in the car and take a road trip anywhere. With a 4-year-old those trips mean one super long nap! Car rides knock that kid right out!
I love to plan and prepare and pack so I headed to Walmart to grab a few things for our road trip to the beach. While at Walmart I grabbed some Lemon Lift Bigelow Tea to make a big pitcher of iced tea to take with us.
We love making our tea with Bigelow because I know that it is quality tea packed in a foil patch for freshness. I just enjoy that it is a family owned American company, and that they make such amazing tea flavors!
Back at home I knew I wanted to make a snack for our road trip and a quick browse through the pantry revealed a massive thing of oatmeal just hanging out waiting to be made into cookies.
Now my mom has a thing for oatmeal cookies and iced tea, she could live off the two forever. So naturally the oatmeal cookies were a perfect match with the iced tea for a nice car snack.
But wait! Why stop there? I should put the tea in the cookies!!!! Oh and in a lemony glaze!!! Genius right? Genius and delicious!!
I just took my favorite simple oatmeal cookie recipe and instead of vanilla flavored it with the tea.
Then when they were cooled I just mixed some of the tea with lemon and powdered sugar and made an amazing glaze!
Not only are these cookies simply scrumptious, they make an amazing easy to transport road trip snack.
Lemon Oatmeal Iced Tea Cookies for Roadtrippin with Bigelow!
- 1/2 cup 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 Lemon Lift Tea Bags
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1/4 cup hot water with one Lemon Lift tea bag and let steep 15 minutes.
- Beat margarine and sugars until combined. Add egg and tea and combine gently.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt then slowly add to wet ingredients.
- Drop 2 Tablespoons worth of dough onto cookie sheets and bake for 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and set on top. Let cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling steep one Lemon Lift tea bag in 1/4 cold water and add the juice of half a lemon.
- Then add in powdered sugar 1/4 at a time until it reaches your desired consistency (I like mine thick for drizzling)
- Drizzle glaze on cooled cookies.
Let’s face it there are points during a road trip where we all need a little sugar rush! And I mean they are oatmeal so they aren’t THAT bad for ya!
So whip up a few dozen for your next trip and enjoy them on the car ride down AND at your destination because these Lemon Oatmeal Iced Tea Cookies are outstanding!
Don’t forget to make a big batch of iced tea using Bigelow’s delicious Lemon Lift tea and you will have plenty of refreshing iced tea to keep the “are we there yet’s?” at bay!