Yay!! I have more Valentine’s Day goodies for you!!! These Glazed Strawberry Cake Bites are a snap to make! Not only are they delicious and easy to make, they are also adorable and make a ton!! I usually get about 48 or so out of this recipe which makes them perfect for parties or to hand out of family and friends.
This recipe starts out with a strawberry cake mix, if you’re not down with the cake mix scene feel free to use a from scratch version. The glaze is simple and it coats beautifully! You can add flavoring to the glaze and I added a few drops of pink coloring just to bump up the color even more. Then I sprinkled a few heart sprinkles on top for fun and in no time I had these gorgeous little treats.
The glaze is my favorite part because it coats and dries perfectly and quickly (get those sprinkles on there fast ;) and the glaze helps keep the cake moist, so go ahead and make these a day or two before you need them!
Dean loves these because they are the perfect size for him and everyone else loves them because they are the perfect size just to pop in your mouth!
So this Valentine’s Day share the love and these cake bites with your family!
- Cake Bites
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 1 bag, 2 lb powdered sugar (8 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- cup corn syrup
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot water
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottoms only of about 50 mini muffin cups. In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about half full).
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from muffin cups to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Place cooling rack on cookie sheet or waxed paper to catch glaze drips.
- In 3-quart saucepan, mix all glaze ingredients except hot water. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 teaspoons hot water. If necessary, stir in up to 1 teaspoon more water so glaze will just coat cakes.
- Dip a cake into glaze and remove gently with a fork, place top side is down on cooling rack. Top with sprinkles immediately. Repeat till all cakes are coated. Let stand until glaze is set, about 15 minutes.
- Store loosely covered.