Hey guys! I know, I know I’ve been a bad absent blogger lately! But I am back and time to play catch up for this month’s series, Copycat Recipes!
This week I am sharing how to make those soft, fluffy, cheesy breadsticks at home. You know the ones are are a little greasy, crispy on the outside and you know they re so bad but oh so good?! We are going to make them today in about the same time it takes the pizza dude to get to your door.
Now my boys love pizza, we order ever Friday for Pizza and Popcorn night. I don’t however love the price, you can order a whole pizza for like 6-7 bucks but they want $5 for a few breadsticks, and even more to throw some cheese on them, no thanks! So we usually skip the breadsticks and the cheesy breadsticks even though we know how yummy they are!
So I figured I knew I could make them at home for like pennies, and sure enough you can, and a whole mess of them too!
This dough is really to make, just milk, yeast, sugar, and a little salt, just mix that with your paddle attachment till it is all good and kneaded.
Now comes the scary part. You gotta put like 4 tablespoon in the bottom of your 9×13. It seems like a lot, but trust me it will okay!
Now you probably should roll out your dough and pop it in the pan. I forgot about that part today and just plopped all my dough in the pan, then I smushed it around till it was kind of a rectangle. So what, they’re just a little “rustic” lol.
Annnywhoo, after the dough is in the pan I sprinkle it with garlic salt. Garlic salt is super yummy stuff guys and I always get Lawrys kind because it has fancy little green flecks in it.
Now just top it with shredded mozzarella and a few sprinkles of oregano and throw that pan into a preheated 350 degree oven.
In no time you will have soft, melty perfect cheesy breadsticks. Don’t forget the sauce for dipping, yum!
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon yeast, one 1/4 ounce package
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 T oil
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- garlic salt
- dried oregano
- In your stand mixer with the dough hook add your yeast, sugar and warm milk and let it foam up for 5 mins.
- Now add your flour and salt and mix it together till it pulls away from the side and forms a ball.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a 9x13 dish add 4 T vegetable or olive oil.
- Roll out your dough in a rectangle and place in the pan.
- Sprinkle the dough liberally with garlic salt.
- Top with the shredded cheese and sprinkle with oregano
- Bake at 350 for .20 minutes.
- Slice into strips lengthwise, then width wide. Remove from pan.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping :)
So take a few minutes and whip up these for your next pizza night!
Don’t forget to head over to Dana’s and check out her Pizzeria Style Garlic Knots!