I don’t think there is anyone that can resist cookie dough! Is it just me or is the allure of licking the cookie dough beaters almost better than the cookies themselves?
I decided to take cookies and cookie dough and incorporate them into one delicious cake! I start with a simple white cake, stuff it full of cookie dough buttercream, frost the whole thing in vanilla buttercream and decorate it with tiny little homemade chocolate chip cookies. It is simple to make but is gorgeous and delicious!
This cake is a real crowdpleaser and you get to eat all the cookie dough you want without the worry of salmonella!
I just start with a simple white cake which I pile high with Cookie Dough Butter Cream.
Then cover it in butter cream and tiny chocolate chip cookies.
So feel free to lick the beaters when your down whipping up this cake or better yet just eat a slice of this delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Stuffed Cake.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Stuffed Cake
- Box of white cake mix
- ~Cookie Dough Buttercream~
- 3 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ~Vanilla Buttercream~
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Mix the cake mix according to box directions, bake in 2 round cake pans and cool.
- For the cookie dough buttercream filling
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and cream on medium-high speed until fluffy. Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. Add in the salt, milk, and vanilla extract and beat till combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough filling on one cake and then top with the remaining cake.
- Make the vanilla buttercream by mixing together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.
- Frost the whole cake with the vanilla buttercream and top with mini chocolate chip cookies either homemade or storebought.
- Slice and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!