Cheesy Garlic Bread
Anything with cheese, garlic and bread gets a A+ in my book so one night I concocted this bread. This stuff is seriously amazing!!! It comes together in like 15 minutes, most of the ingredients you probably already have and it’s better than anything you can pull out of the freezer. This bread is great with spaghetti, pizza or even just for dinner with a salad. It really takes no time to make and is a simple, simple recipe and really who doesn’t like cheesy garlic bread? It is actually so easy to make and soooooo yummy I can’t even think of anything else to say except MAKE THIS!!!! I promise who will have tons of smiles at your table when you serve this :D
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 cup very warm water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 1/2 c. white flour
- Half a stick of melted margarine or butter
- Garlic salt
- Shredded Mozzerella
- Italian Seasoning
- Mix yeast, sugar, and water. Allow to sit for a few minutes to get yeast activated.
- Add salt, oil and flour. Mix well.
- Knead into a smooth dough on a floured surface for about 2 minutes. (You can also do this all in your mixer with a dough hook.)
- Allow dough to rest 5-10 minutes.
- Lightly grease a pizza pan (or cookie sheet).
- Place the ball of dough in the middle and roll out to fit pan, either round or rectangle whatever shape pan you have.
- Melt your butter and add garlic salt to your liking, some like more garlic than others, so just do what your family likes.
- Spread the garlickly butter all over the dough.
- Top with as much mozzerella as you like.
- Sprinkle with italian seasoning.
- Bake at a pretty high temp 425 or so until bottom is cooked and cheese is melty.
- Cool for a few and then slice!
This garlic bread looks amazing. In your directions you say to add both flours but in the ingredient section I only notice one kind of flour. Just want to be sure that there is only the one flour.
I am so sorry!! Thank you for pointing that out, it is only one kind of flour :) I fixed the directions :) Thanks!!!
What kind of yeast, active dry or instant yeast?
I just used active dry, thanks for stopping by! Hope you like the garlic bread!
This bread was so delicious! My whole family loved it and I will most definitely be making it again.
Just made this…..it was so easy and so delicious. The kids loved it–me too!
can I use garlic clove? thank you
I have to tell you that I am IN LOVE with this recipe. I have made it a bunch of times and it is always soo good. I even used the dough as pizza dough and it was delicious! I love it so much that in my new series FEED YOUR FAMILY FOR LESS , I mention this recipe for others to make at home and stop buying the store bought stuff! Love it! I should have the recipe memorized by now but I still come here lots to make it! Thank you so much for it! My family is in love with it too!
Yay!!! I am so glad you like it! It is one of our favs too!
Seriously the BEST cheese sticks I’ve ever had…anywhere. Thank you thank you!
Thank you for sharing! I’m excited to try it out!!
I’m currently making this and I’m so excited! I was just wondering how long do I keep it in the oven for?
I love this recipe! It’s my go to!! How would you suggest doubling?
Yay!! I’m so glad you like it!! Doubling it should be just as simple as doubling all the ingredients but I would split the dough in half and make 2 regular sized ones.
How long one needs to bake it ? How many minutes ?
About 12-15 minutes, just keep an eye on it. Thanks!!